Sunday, February 21, 2010

Flip Book







Here are some excepts from my flipbook. It ended up turning out well I think. It was drawn in a "Grapes of Wrath" book and was all about a grape that comes to life and eats people. It then turns back into and bundle of grapes and finally a glass of wine.

I listened to a radio broadcast on otr.com. It was Flash Gordon based on the comic. I can tell how important music was to drive the plot and dictate the mood. It served to make the story engaging to the audience. Many of the characters had very distinct voices or accents so that it was easy for the audience to know who was talking. The villain had a deep, sinister voice. Flash Gordon's voice was strong and confident. Sound effects like explosions were used whenever appropriate and the narrator filled in any information that was lost in the dialogue. So much was done in an effort to convey a story when simple visuals weren't there for the audience to see the action. It's almost hard to listen to having grown up in such a visual age where TV is much more common. I, like much of society today, have a harder time keeping my attention on something where visuals are not presented to me.

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the fact that you made your story related to the title of the novel you chose. It was such a funny topic with the angry grape monster terrorizing the story. I think this was such a creative idea and you executed in wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really love how you made the storyline go with the title of the book. You had great transitions going from the grape monster turning into the grapes and then into the wine. I loved the way everything flowed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, this was really great. I appreciated the humor. My favorite part was when the man gets eaten and you can see the body move inside the animal. Cool transformations. The snowman was funny. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was cool how your concept came from the title of your book. Your transitions were great and I like how you ended with the grapes forming the wine glass at the end. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your flipbook! The way the title and the drawings worked together was great! I thought the story had a cute sense of humor and your transitions were very smooth. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved it. I especially loved how the title and how it went along with what you drew. I liked the wine at the end, and how the first grape turned into a character who blew away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! This was very fun and creative. My favorite part is when the grape monster's tongue goes really far out of his mouth to grab the grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought yours was hillarious! The whole concept of the grapes was incredibly creative!! It was really funny how the fat figure ended up eating all the grapes! amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the cleverness of incorporating the title of the book into the animation. The narrative of the animation itself was very wild. Very fun to watch unfold.

    ReplyDelete