Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sci-Fi

I finally finished my flip book project and am a little nervous to share it in class. My drawings aren't particularly good because I'm not much of an artist. I think the idea is good though. If I had it to do over again, I would use a different book that flips better. Last class we watched clips from various Sci Fi movies. On the scale of realism, almost all senses up to this point had been experimented with in film. The only thing left to do was break the fourth wall which separates the audience from what is going on in the film. This is what the film "Videodrome" was an example of. That seems to be what all the 3-D movies of today are trying to accomplish: making the audience feel apart of what's going on in the film. It's interesting to look at the futuristic technologies of movies such as "Artificial Intelligence" and "Minority Report" and how we can already sense that the idea that there will be screens everywhere is starting to be an accurate prediction.

No comments:

Post a Comment